What makes your home and office smell better
by SV - CarpetCleaning
Posted on 23 Feb, 2017
Carpets can trap odor and make a room or office smell. Most of our customers try to go as long as possible before having their carpets professionally cleaned. This is a very big mistake because even if you can not see dirt, there also the smell.
HOW TO GET MILDEW SMELL FROM CARPET – METHOD # 1
- As soon as you discover the smell, begin to vacuum the affected area as soon as possible. If possible, use a large, more powerful vacuum instead of a small hand vacuum. This will help remove even more dust and dirt from the affected area.
- Mix 1 cup of vinegar with 2 cups of warm water. Be sure to not add too much vinegar, as you don’t want to create too strong of a vinegar smell in your home by over wetting the carpet.
- Pour this vinegar and warm water solution into a spray bottle before applying to the carpet. This will ensure you don’t soak the carpet fibers, as this could cause new mildew deposits to form.
- Next, pour a generous amount of baking soda directly onto the affected area of your carpet.
- Give the carpet some time to dry before vacuuming the baking soda completely
Try different ways to ensure that your carpet has a nice refreshing smell daily, carpet fresh, room spray etc. Just make sure that you get your carpet professionally cleaning often to prevent this from happening.
Tags: MILDEW SMELL Blog